Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Search Reveals Beautiful Promises


Part of sharing this journey with you is sharing the high's and the not so high's.  It's about life and the valley's (or seemingly valley's) are the stepping stones to true growth.  So I am sharing the more intimate details of my path in hopes that it may encourage YOU on Your Journey to following Your Dream. 

For US:



A Devotion for the Start Of A Fresh New Week:

There is a reason I needed that Champagne Moment a couple days ago.  I really, REALLY HAD to stop and count the blessings because though I am FULLY aware of them I was feeling pressured and a little distraught.

I am so aware of God's timing in my life.  So noticing each and every detail He is revealing to me, taking care of for me, blessing me with.

However, I am human.  Flawed and imperfect. 

I found myself ready, willing, and able to go forth into this "Promised Land".  I was ready to tackle the giants to indulge in all the blessings. (reference to Numbers 13:25- ch.14:12 The discovery of the Promised Land and the report from the scouts.)

I boldly said, as Caleb said, "Let's go at once to take the land". (ch. 13:30)

And here I am!!! 

But what I felt last week was my spirit of ego (reflecting as insecurity) rising up. 

I entered into this new territory READY to be a student...excited and willing (still am), knowing this is unfamiliar territory, all new to me, a major learning curve, a time to be most humble...however, as willing as I am, I found myself able to eat the humble pie but then choking on some of it.

I kept my thoughts to myself for I KNOW it is silly stuff.  But I found myself sensitive to what I was hearing.  There was much positive words, and constructive critiques. I am open to the critiques as this is why I am here!!!  To learn!!!

However, I found myself reacting. In my tired state, my learning so much every day from how to get around from point A to point B, C, E, F, back to D, to all the new skills, to learning how they run their business, to my new housemates personalities, to just having housemates after all these years of living alone, to my new hood, my new life and trying to keep myself in check....I simply felt weak.

How human.

I found myself singing Isreal And The New Breed's song: "I KNOW Who I am, I KNOW WHO I AM, I AM YOUR'S, I AM YOUR'S!!!"

For I really do!!!  I know EXACTLY who I am and what I am here to do, and what talents God has granted me, and why I came, and why I am here to learn, and WHAT an amazing blessing this is...I AM FINE!!!!

Hence...the need to get a bottle of bubbly and actually TOAST the amazingness of God working in my life.  That and taking a grateful rest that was much needed.

So today is my last day off before I head back in.  A fresh new week, a fresh new attitude and I just found myself so aware of why I (secretly) reacted and that by doubting myself and my abilities I was just attempting to build up my ego which is so... frankly... lame.

I felt I stumbled...or more likely tripped myself.  I remembered a verse about this and couldn't "quite" remember where it was in the book of Psalms so I started at the beginning....it would be one I had underlined.

While searching for this verse...look at what God revealed to me today...so powerful, so awesome, I really wanted to share these words with YOU for they are for YOU as well:

Psalms

18:16
He reached down from heaven and rescued me; He drew me out of deep waters.

18:32
God arms me with strength, and He makes my way perfect.

20:4
May He grant your heart's desires and make all your plans succeed.

25:4
Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow.

27:11
Teach me how to live, O Lord.  Lead me along the right path.

31:14,15
But I am trusting you, O Lord, saying "You are my God!"  My future is in Your hands.

32:8
The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.  I will advise you and watch over you."

34:19
...The Lord comes to the rescue each time.

37:4
Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires.  Commit everything you do to the Lord.  Trust Him, and He will help you.

AND THEN....I found the verse I was searching for:

37:23,24
The Lord directs the steps of the godly.  He delights in every detail of their lives.  Though they stumble, they WILL NEVER FALL, for the Lord holds them by the hand.

..................

Amen to THAT!!!

A few more that "bing-ed" out to me:

37:34
Put your hope in the Lord, travel steadily along His path, He will honor you by giving you the land.

38:9
You know what I long for, Lord; You hear my every sigh.

..................

God's promises are so rich and He ALWAYS follows through.  These are promises WE CAN COUNT ON!!!

I am ever grateful for this.

..................

Joshua 24:13
I gave you land you had not worked on, and I gave you towns you did not build- the towns where you are now living...

SO....I know this is a long entry...maybe no one even read this...and that's just fine as the beauty of writing this is that it is deep inside of me, new armor, fresh nourishment and I AM NOW READY, WILLING, AND ABLE TO TAKE ON THIS NEW WEEK IN THIS NEW LAND!!!!

I thank God for loving me so much and showing me all this amazing love and rich promises!!!  Exactly what I needed, exactly at this time!!!

Be blessed this week.  God loves you so. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you have been able to rest, reflect and re-charge on God's power! God bless you as a new week begins...enjoy your reunion with your friend. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete