Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Such Wisdom


As I finish reading Joyce Meyer's book titled "Be Anxious For Nothing"



I was gifted with this passage she wrote and I love it so much I wanted to share this with YOU!!!

This is in regards to Sarai and Abram (if you can I would recommend reading Genesis chapters 15 and 16 for the story)....  here's a synopsis of it.  God told Abram that he would make him a GREAT nation with offspring that was more vast than the stars in the sky outnumbering even the sands of the sea.

But here is the thing...Abram was an old man and Sarai, his wife, was old as well and they had NO children as of yet.

But God PROMISED them.

So time goes by and Sarai gets anxious and then thinks... well, if I can not offer you this offspring and we are getting older by the day, I will offer my servant Hagar to my husband and through her we can see God's promise come to be.

And Abram goes along with this and Hagar gives birth to Ishmael.

Even though Hagar was Sarai's servant, because she was pregnant with Abram's seed she began to treat Sarai poorly and this caused much grief amongst everyone.

Ishmael was NOT the heir God was talking about and Sarai AND Abram did not believe they could have children in their old age... but GOD promised them... they just simply had to believe AND BE PATIENT enough to let God reach His timing.

Then... when they were EVEN older... God came through and SARAI gave birth to Isaac who was the start of the ENTIRE Jewish nation!!!

So let's get to the quote that inspired this post.... taking all of this into consideration.

"It is God's will to bless us, but not necessarily on our terms.  Sometimes what we think would be a wonderful blessing would not bless us at all.

In all our seeking, struggling, and striving - even in prayer - we must be careful not to give birth to Ishmael's.  If we do, we will have to spend the rest of our days taking care of them.  Instead, we need to learn to wait for God to bring forth the Isaac's in our life.  They will be a blessing to us for as long as we live."

Here's an interesting thing to consider in the Isaac/Ishmael situation... even TODAY there is still tension and grief between these two nations from the same father.  Literally, the issue of Ishmael is STILL being dealt with!

So bringing this to our Dreams and Desires what I get from this quote and this story in the Bible is that it's one thing to ask and even pray for what I would like to see happen in my life... but then I MUST let go and literally LET GOD!!!

If I push and strive to "make" things happen I just may (likely will) end up with something I have created, not God's will OR blessing and I will have to manage this in my life forever.

Just something to think about....I hope this has blessed you as it blessed me.

To Our Dream's Darlings!!!

May we be wise enough to let God guide us to all His rich promises!!!

xoxoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment